This troubleshooting solves 95% of the emails received at support and saves you a lot of time.
So please read it carefully!
Before reinstalling the cms (which never works to solve anything) please follow this simple steps :
Prepare your server settings for large file uploads and check your settings for video uploads and ffmpeg.
If the video isn’t uploaded in /rawmedia folder something is wrong in the upload process (Server setts?), and if it doesn’t convert check that /videocron.php is fired and that the settings in admin for FFMPEG are right (and tested working with the ff.php file in the tester), the Log in the admin panel will help get a clue (FFmpeg Logs in Menu).
Don’t skip this, this settings can’t come pre-prepared by default, you’ll need to edit them in the admin, as they differ from one server setup to other.
On the Settings menu follow every setting, and save the page.
Most settings will be blank, resulting in sections not working until they are configured.
1. Links/login/pages not working:
– Make sure you upload and overwrite the .htaccess file in the PHPVibe root.
– Make sure you use Apache (else rewrite the rules for your server via a tool online) and that mod_rewrite works (AllowOverride check)
– Make sure if you upload it in a folder that you change the RewriteBase / to /your-folder-name in the main .htaccess file
– If you can’t find an .htaccess in the patch, go to your file manager and check the settings that allow you to see system, dot, hidden files. (For Mac read this)
– Most times servers generate a blank .htaccess file, make sure you overwrite it with the one in PHPVibe’s pack!
2. Video not working, video stuck on processing or ffmpeg fails.
Help is here : Video uploads issues
3. Cannot upload (large) files.
Help is here : Server settings for large file uploads
4. Uploaded video not working.
5. Can’t create accounts/administrators:
Scenario 1 (Admin forms creation fails) : Your MySql is in safe mode. This is probably caused by the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES SQL mode defined MySql. Removing that setting and restarting MySQL should fix the problem.
You should probably contact your server administrator as it will require a manual edit to the mysql cnf file on server via ssh.
Scenario 2 (Setup not showing admin step) : Please check vibe_config.php , make sure that the database details are correct and that the sql user has full permissions over the database.
6. Pages returning 404 from time to time,
weird blockages on upload, sessions being killed : Disable mod_Security on the account.
7. Dates are incorrect.
Set the timezone to yours in vibe_config.php. You can get your timezone from PHP : List of Supported Timezones.
/** Timezone (set your own) **/date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Bucharest');
8. Logging off when updating profile.
Go to Settings -> Logins and find this block Secret encryption salt (Only keys of sizes 16, 24 or 32 supported), make sure your random key is 16, 24 or 32 characters long.
9. Multiple same video on single video upload.
This implies issues with your exec from our tests, the only way this seems to get fixed in the few cases happening is if you reinstall/upgrade your php environment on the server.
10. Channel/Profile or/and Category urls not working.
Please remove the recently deprecated namespace :section from your permalink structures in Settings -> Permalinks.
11. Youtube not grabbing video details / blank page when importing.
Please add your Youtube API key under Settings. If that doesn’t change anything, make sure you have no restriction on the Google app (ip/domain).
The error_log may help with a valid response from Google (if it’s not printed on the page). In the most common cases encountered clients put domain as security referral but their server doesn’t send a referral with the request.
12. Failed to remove cache folder.
This isn’t an actual error, and you shouldn’t worry about it. Once this happens individual files are removed.
In most common cases removing folders with php will fail, and the cache clear will move to “plan B”.
13. Views or other fields not updating.
Run the sql safe mode fixer. Download this zip file! Extract the zip, and upload sfmod.php to your PHPVibe folder on the server, run it in browser (point your browser to yourphpvibeinstall.com/sfmod.php and wait for the output). Clear PHPVibe’s cache.
14. Video not showing on the website but appearing under Unpublished.
Go to Settings -> Uploading and change the Uploaded video state. You’ll need to publish the previously saved videos, this will only affect post-save imports.
15. Views not updating on the website
PHPVibe has 2 layers of caching, the full cache (freezed stage) should not be used for fresh websites. In vibe_config.php change the killcache variable to true
/* ** Full cache settings. */ $killcache = true;
16. Mails not being sent
Edit vibe_config.php and change the mail delivery from php to smtp, complete all the fields under mail settings.
/* ** Mail settings. */ $adminMail = 'email@example.com'; $mvm_useSMTP = false; /* Use smtp for mails? *//* true: Use smtp | false : uses's PHP's sendmail() function */$mvm_host = 'mail.domain.com'; /* Main SMTP server */$mvm_user = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'; /* SMTP username */$mvm_pass = 'mail pass'; /* SMTP password */$mvm_secure = 'tls'; /* Enable TLS encryption, `ssl` also accepted */$mvm_port = ''; /* TCP port to connect to*/
17. License key not working
The licensing fails in the following scenarios:
– The key is invalid, it is created wrongly (not for the main domain, but subdomain, or folder. PLEASE only use the main domain for key creation, example: myvideowebsite.com)
– Your server has blocked the connection to labs.phpvibe.com (You can use the requirements tester to see if the connection works)
– Typos : Make sure the key in vibe_config.php has no pre/post space between the key and the bracelet.