Stop rewriting image renaming when uploading  (Read 40 times) Print

1 B

Gabriel Armeanu  July 17, 2018, 01:54:05 PM

By default, phpvibe rewrites the name of an image you upload. This is bad for Image SEO, as you may want your image to contains specific keywords and they are lost after upload, because the image name is changed automatically to something like 48c062870be50a93d88fa96cdde74036-1.jpg.. If this image had the name in the form of let's say: zebra-coloring-page.jpg, like I needed for my website, I would have had a chance for my website to come up on the image search on google...

Is there a way to modify the com_addimage.php or any other file to stop this rewriting thing?

Thank you!

AlexH  July 18, 2018, 01:13:22 AM

the same method could be applied and video images for a traffic boost in google image that contains the name to the video.
I think it's better to add the title for better performance and finally add a hash code to avoid conflicting with other images that may have the same name.

Rafael Q  August 07, 2018, 06:43:57 PM

This is better for english, romanian, but the results for arabic, cyclic, asian languages is a tragedy. We need to find solutions that satisfy all.
On the uploader you can set the name. Use any of the permalink building functions to seo a new name for the file instead of the uniqid